Our Commitment to Sustainability
Smart Eco Packaging!
We take packaging seriously. That means we have our 100% post-consumer waste recycled boxes manufactured here in Wisconsin at Green Bay Packaging, where they have a decades long commitment to sustainable printing. Check out their track record here.
We also carefully designed our boxes to be repurposed! Every kit comes with a bonus project since the box can be turned into a frame for finished artwork. And, the re-sealable plastic bag is perfect for storing extra materials after doing a project.
Our Sustainability Statement
We founded Artterro with important core beliefs. We are committed to using as few resources as possible, taking into account the social and environmental impact we have on the planet and our community, and respecting and enjoying the company of the people we work with. We will always strive to offer worthwhile, affordable products that encourage friends and family to connect with each other and the very human need to create beauty in our lives.
How do our business practices reflect our beliefs?
We print our packaging inserts, bands and marketing materials on recycled paper (most of it PCW) at Green Solutions Printing in Eugene, OR using vegetable based inks and renewable energy.
- Green Bay Packaging manufactures our recycled boxes here in WI. This award-winning packaging company is known for their innovative environmental practices.
We minimize kit packaging to reduce waste, shipping expense and our carbon footprint. We also make our packaging recycleable and reusable, and our plastic bead bags are biodegradable.
- We hire local high school students to assist with shipping and assembly and learn about business, through a teen mentoring program.
- We feature high-quality natural materials, not just because they're beautiful and fun to work with, but also because if you sell disposable materials, they will just end up in the trash. We want people to value the materials they are working with so they end up with a treasured keepsake.
Our fantastic retail display units we sell to stores are made from 100% renewable bamboo.
- We source many of our materials from small businesses here in the US to reduce our carbon footprint and shipping expenses, and to support our US economy.
- As our company grows, we are committed to providing a flexible work environment and a living wage, and seeking out diverse coworkers, including women, minorities and people with disabilities.
- We regularly donate kits to schools, arts programs, fundraisers and auctions that benefit children's art education and people with disabilities. We sponsor free art projects at local community events.